Personal information | Education and training | Other professional titles and certifications | Work experience | Editorial activity | Personal skills and competences
Date of birth 30 December 1978
Diploma in accounting and business from the Technical High School “Leonardo Da Vinci” in Trieste.
Second-level professional qualification for “Operators of Multimedia Services” (a six-month course, in Trieste, Friuli-Venezia Giulia, Italy, financed by the European Social Fund).
Employee in a civil engineering software company (Studio Software AMV) in Ronchi dei Legionari (Friuli-Venezia Giulia, Italy).
1st level degree (Bachelor) in Translation and Interpreting from the Advanced School of Modern Languages for Interpreters and Translators (SSLMIT of Trieste). Final degree mark: 105/110.
2nd level degree (Master) in Translation of Literary and Technical Texts from the Advanced School of Modern Languages for Interpreters and Translators (SSLMIT of Trieste). Final degree mark: 110/110 with honors.
Teacher of Italian as a second language for foreign university students taking part in exchange programs (Erasmus). University Language Center (CLA), Advanced School of Modern Languages for Interpreters and Translators of Trieste.
Literary translator for the Italian publishing house Editoria&Spettacolo (Spoleto) for which I have translated and edited several volumes of the plays of Georges Feydeau, Eugène Labiche, Noël Coward and Jerome Klapka Jerome.
I manage three blogs:
1) L’angolo di Georges Feydeau
2) Il rifugio di Agatha Christie
3) Il teatro di Eugène Labiche
Journalist and then Editor-in-Chief of the online newspaper Fucine Mute, specialized in themes such as cinema, theatre, literature, music, art and comics, for which I wrote many articles and made many translations.
University of Cambridge ESOL Examinations. Certificate for teachers who teach their subject using English as a vehicular language (a four-month course, in Trieste, Friuli-Venezia Giulia, Italy, financed by the European Social Fund).
I am a member (non-professional) of the Italian Order of Journalists of Friuli-Venezia Giulia, Italy.
I am a member of the Italian Association of Translators and Interpreters.
Winner of the translation contest, from Spanish to Italian, Sin telaraña en las pupilas, based on the work of the Argentinean poet Oliverio Girondo and organized by the international website of translators Proz.com.
Translator of dissertation thesis for the Italian website Tesionline.it, here you can find a list:
1) La cuestión hebrea en el Buscón (from Spanish into Italian);
2) L’application par la France et l’Italie du principe européen d’égalité entre hommes et femmes en matière de travail (from French into Italian);
3) Molly’s monologue and its Italian translation (from English into Italian);
4) Idiomatic Expressions In British And American English: A Contrastive Analysis (from English into Italian);
5) La cortesia verbal y los actos de rechazo de invitacion. Un estudio contrastivo italiano-espanol (from Spanish into Italian);
6) Le rapport entre la perception de l’étranger et les médias (from French into Italian);
7) L’Antigone de Bauchau (from French into Italian);
8) How the Learning of a Second Language Affects the First Language of an Individual: The Italian of Monolingual and Multilingual Speakers (from English into Italian).
Certificate for teaching English as a foreign language to students with dyslexia.
TESOL/TEFL Certificate (Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages/Teaching English as a Foreign Language).